Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. The changes I was referring was in FileSystem.java
layer which should not affect HDFS Replication/NameNode operations.
To give better idea this would affect clients something like this

conf.setInt("read.bandwitdh.mbpersec", 20); // 20MB/s
FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);

FSDataInputStream fis = fs.open("/path/to/file.xt");
fis.read(); // <-- This would be max of 20MB/s

Have a Nice Day!
Lohit