Hi Andrew,

Our plan as stated back in August was to do this work principally in two
phases.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2832?focusedCommentId=13739041

For the second phase which includes API support, we also need quota
management. For changes of this scope, to do all the work at once while
keeping the feature branch in sync with ongoing development in trunk is
unmanageable. Hence we'd like to stick with the initial plan and develop in
phases.

Even for datanode caching the initial merge did not include the quota
management changes which are happening subsequently.

Going forward, we will stabilize the current changes in trunk in the 2.4
time frame. Next we will add quota management and API support which can
align with the 2.5 time frame, with the second merge potentially in
March/April.

Arpit

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE