In order to uniquely identify a block in hadoop 2.2, you are going to need
both a block and a block pool ID.  You can construct a Block object with
those two items.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Yu Li <car...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As titled, I actually have two questions here:
>
> 1. In current releases like hadoop-2.2.0, is block id unique and able to
> locate a Block in HDFS? I'm asking because I could see HDFS-4645 is trying
> to resolve the uniqueness issue. However, from the code comment it seems
> block id is expected to be unique

It's expected to be unique within a block pool.  You can get the block pool
ID you are using from your FSNamesystem object in 2.2.

best,
Colin

2. It seems there's no method to get a Block object through a block id.