Arun,

 Any possibility of getting HDFS-6376 committed and backported into 2.5?

Dave Marion

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:a...@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2014 12:40 PM
To: common-...@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: hadoop-2.5 - June end?

Folks,

 As you can see from the Roadmap wiki, it looks like several items are still
a bit away from being ready.

 I think rather than wait for them, it will be useful to create an
intermediate release (2.5) this month - I think ATS security is pretty
close, so we can ship that. I'm thinking of creating hadoop-2.5 by end of
the month, with a branch a couple of weeks prior.

 Thoughts?

thanks,
Arun

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of