One of the questions that keeps popping up is “what exactly is in trunk?”

As some may recall, I had done some experiments creating the change log based
upon JIRA.  While the interest level appeared to be approaching zero, I kept
playing with it a bit and eventually also started playing with the release
notes script (for various reasons I won’t bore you with.)

In any case, I’ve started posting the results of these runs on one of my github
repos if anyone was wanting a quick reference as to JIRA’s opinion on the
matter:

https://github.com/aw-altiscale/hadoop-release-metadata/tree/master/3.0.0