Thanks for your comment Karthik. Here's my take.

Feature based release is going to put us back into the same prolonged release
cycle. That is why I am proposing that we look at 2-3 months time and get
whatever is ready. If we don't have even a single feature in by then, clearly
we can drop the timeline.

I can understanding the initial reaction that the list is long, but some of the
features in the list are just early milestones - disk/network, Timeline Service
next-gen and not stable functionality. Related to that, I want us to start
thinking about alpha'ness of features. Will start a separate thread for that.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 21, 2015, at 3:12 PM, Karthik Kambatla