Yes, I have a paragraph in the docs describing how someone would go about
migrating a jsvc-based deployment to a SASL-based deployment.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Secu
reMode.html#Secure_DataNode

It's a non-trivial operation that starts by making sure everyone is on 2.6
first.  This includes client deployments, which are notoriously more
difficult to control than server deployments.

--Chris Nauroth