Hello,

In general, configuration property default values will be defined in two
places: 1) hdfs-default.xml, which defines the default property values
when a deployment doesn't specifically set them and 2) DFSConfigKeys, a
class that defines constant default values that the code uses if for some
reason no default value is found during the configuration lookup.

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/rel/release-2.7.2/hadoop-hdfs-project
/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/resources/hdfs-default.xml#L602-L606

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/rel/release-2.7.2/hadoop-hdfs-project
/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/DFSConfigKeys.java#L473-L
474

--Chris Nauroth