I’d like to call for a vote to run for 5 days (ending  Mon 12, 2016 at
7AM PT) to merge the HADOOP-13341 feature branch into trunk. This branch was
developed exclusively by me.  As usual with large shell script changes, it's
been broken up into several smaller commits to make it easier to read.  The
core of the functionality is almost entirely in hadoop-functions.sh with the
majority of the rest of the new additions either being documentation or test
code. In addition, large swaths of code is removed from the hadoop, hdfs,
mapred, and yarn executables.

        Here's a quick summary:

* makes the rules around _OPTS consistent across all the projects
* makes it possible to provide custom _OPTS for every hadoop, hdfs, mapred, and
yarn subcommand
* with the exception of deprecations, removes all of the custom daemon _OPTS
handling sprinkled around the hadoop, hdfs, mapred, and yarn subcommands
* removes the custom handling handling of HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS and makes it
consistent for non-daemon subcommands
* makes the _USER blocker consistent with _OPTS as well as providing better
documentation around this feature's existence.  Note that this is an
incompatible change against -alpha1.
* by consolidating all of this code, makes it possible to finally fix a good
chunk of the "directory name containing spaces blows up the bash code" problems
that's been around since the beginning of the project

        Thanks!