On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<a...@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
> The problem here is that there is a 'license' directory and a file called
> 'LICENSE'.  If this gets extracted by jar via jar xf, it will fail.  unzip
> can be made to extract it via an option like -o.  To make matters worse, none
> of these license files match the one in the generated tarball. :(

Ah, got it. I didn't strip the trailing slash on directories. With
that, it looks like the "license" directory and "LICENSE" file are the
only conflict?

I've not followed the development of packaging LICENSE/NOTICE in the
jar files. AFAIK, it's sufficient that we have the top-level
LICENSE/NOTICE in the tarball. Unless there's a LEGAL thread to the
contrary, it's OK as-is.

Again, I don't think we need to restart the clock on the RC vote if
the release notes and LICENSE/NOTICE were fixed, but it's Andrew's
time and I don't think any of these are blockers for the release. -C