Jonathan, thanks for the heads up. I don't have much familiarity with YARN,
but gave the PBs and pom changes a look, and left a few small comments on
the umbrella JIRA.

This seems like a smaller change than some of the other branch merges we're
discussing, but I'm again reticent about adding scope if we can avoid it.

In your mind, is this truly a "must-have" for 3.0? It looks compatible, and
thus something we could add in a minor release like 2.9 or 3.1.

Best,
Andrew