> On Aug 31, 2017, at 8:33 PM, Jian He <j...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> I would like to call a vote for merging yarn-native-services to trunk.

        1) Did I miss it or is there no actual end-user documentation on how to
use this?  I see
hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/src/site/markdown/native-services/NativeServicesIntro.md,
 but that’s not particularly useful.  It looks like there are daemons that need
to get started, based on other documentation?  How?  What do I configure? Is
there a command to use to say “go do native for this job”?  I honestly have no
idea how to make this do anything because most of the docs appear to be either
TBD or expect me to read through a ton of JIRAs.

        2) Lots of markdown problems in the NativeServicesDiscovery.md
document.  This includes things like ‘yarnsite.xml’ (missing a dash.)  Also,
I’m also confused why it’s called that when the title is YARN DNS, but whatever.

        3) The default port for the DNS server should NOT be 53 if typical
deployments need to specify an alternate port.  Based on the documentation,
this doesn’t appear to be a fully function DNS server as an admin would expect
(e.g., BIND, Knot, whatever).  Where’s forwarding? How do I setup notify? Are
secondaries even supported? etc, etc. In fact:  was this even tested on port
53? How does this get launched such that it even has access to open port 53?  I
don’t see any calls to use the secure daemon code in the shell scripts. Is
there any jsvc voodoo or is it just “run X as root”?

        4) Post-merge, yarn usage information is broken.  This is especially
bad since it doesn’t appear that YarnCommands was ever updated to include the
new sub-commands.

        At this point in time:

                -1 on 3.0.0-beta1
                -0 on trunk