> It would be very helpful for testing the RC.
For testing and voting, I have been using docker containers for a while, see
code at: https://github.com/weiqingy/caochong
<https://github.com/weiqingy/caochong>

> TL;DR: I propose to create official hadoop images and upload them to the
> dockerhub
I’m +1 on this idea. The “official” docker image basically means a commitment
to maintain well documented and broadly tested images, which seems not a burden
to us.

Ceph has a community docker project https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker
<https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker> and I think our scope here is similar to
it.