Thanks Lie for working on this.

       - Downloaded src tarball and verified checksums
       - Built from src on mac with java 1.8.0_111
       - Built a pseudo distributed hdfs cluster
       - Run test mr jobs (pi, dfsio,wordcount
       - Verified basic hdfs operations
       - Basic validation for webui

** I checked maven artifacts and it seems source jars are not there (checked
hadoop-hdfs , hadoop-client). Not sure if they are required for release.