Hi all,

As we previously proposed RC time (May 1st), we want to release 3.1.1
sooner if possible. As of now, 3.1.1 has 187 fixes [1] on top of 3.1.0, and
there're 10 open blockers/criticals which target to 3.1.1 [2]. I just
posted comments to these open criticals/blockers ticket owners asking about
statuses.

If everybody agrees, I propose start code freeze of branch-3.1 from Sat PDT
time this week, only blockers/criticals can be committed to branch-3.1. To
avoid the burden of committers, I want to delay cutting branch-3.1.1 as
late as possible. If you have any major/minors (For severe issues please
update priorities) tickets want to go to 3.1.1, please reply this email
thread and we can look at them and make a call together.

Please feel free to share your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Wangda

[1] project in (YARN, "Hadoop HDFS", "Hadoop Common", "Hadoop Map/Reduce")
AND status = Resolved AND  fixVersion = 3.1.1
[2] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, "Hadoop Development Tools") AND
priority in (Blocker, Critical) AND resolution = Unresolved AND "Target
Version/s" = 3.1.1 ORDER BY priority DESC