I'm curious about the fate of branch-2.8 and branch-2.9.

2.9.2 is over a year old (released on 11/19/2018)
2.8.5 is over a year old too (released on 9/10/2018)

It appears to me most of the development in 2.x is focusing on
stabilizing 2.10 and I wonder if there are people still on 2.8/2.9.

Downstreamers like HBase would be keen to know whether to drop the support
for 2.8/2.9.