I submitted the original 2.8 cost-based FCQ patch (thanks to community
members for porting to other branches).  We've been running with it since
early 2019 on all clusters.  Multiple clusters run at a baseline of ~30k+
ops/sec with some bursting over 100k ops/sec.

If you are looking at the overall average qtime, yes, that metric is
expected to increase and means it's working as designed.  De-prioritizing
write heavy users will naturally result in increased qtime for those
calls.  Within a bucket, call N's qtime is the sum of the qtime+processing
for the prior 0..N-1 calls.  This will appear very high for congested low
priority buckets receiving a fraction of the service rate and skew the
overall average.