I am +1 on increasing the line length to 100.

As for changes to address existing style issues - I think that is more pain
than it's worth. It will make backports much harder, and we have quite a
few active branches, not to mention those who maintain custom builds.

To ease the backport problems the style fixes would need to be pushed down
all the branches, otherwise if we start making them on trunk only, future
changes on trunk will not be able to be cherry-picked cleanly to branch-3.3
etc.