On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So when will the replication happen ? Do you know which part of code
> control the replication ? Thanks.

It's all throughout FSNamesystem and related classes. I wouldn't recommend
digging in there unless you have a couple days to kill - it gets quite
hairy! :)

Replication should happen close to immediately unless there is already a
large queue of underreplicated blocks. Replication happens through a
priority queue, where the priority is based on how far under-replicated a
block is.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon