You can create multiple FileSystem objects, for different URIs and use
them to query specific NNs code-wise.

>From command-line, a simple tricks like `u...@nn1 $ hadoop dfs -ls
hdfs://nn2/dir` should work (i.e. pass entire URI of the path you're
looking for).

See this exact method for the code question:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html#get(java.net.URI,
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration, java.lang.String)

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com