Hi,

My new adding datanodes are working well.

But I just use start-dfs.sh in the namenode and hadoop-daemons.sh start
datanode in the namenode can start the new adding datanode, I can't use
hadoop-daemon.sh start datanode in the new adding datanode to start itself,
and when I do that it will return a null pointer exception.

I have read the mail-archives "New Datanode won't start, null pointer
exception" reported by Scott, and the url is:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg00271.html

But there has not have a really result. Scott at last just said:"A stop-all/
*start*-all on the cluster got it to *start*."

Thanks,
Jameson.