From: Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org; stu24m...@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, March 10, 2011 5:37:08 AM
Subject: Re: how does hdfs determine what node to use?

Thanks Stu. I too was sure there was an algorithm. Is there a place where I can
read more about it?  I want to know if it picks a block according to the load
average or does it always pick "rack0" first?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM, <stu24m...@yahoo.com> wrote:

There is an algorithm. Each block should have a copy on different nodes. In
your
case, each block will have a copy on each of the nodes.