Using 0.21

When I have a filesystem (XFS) with 1TB it detects the datanode detects it
immediately. When I create 3 identical file systems all 3TB are visible
immediately.

If I create a 6TB filesystem (XFS) and I add it to dfs.data.dir and I
restart the datanode, "hdfs dfsadmin -report" does not see the new 6TB
filesystem.

In all of these occasions the datanode does create a 'finalized' file
structure in respective directories?

My questions are:
Is there a limitation in the size of dfs.data.dir? What is the largest
filesystem that can be part of it?
Could this be a block scanner issue? Is it possible to make my block
scanning more aggressive?