dfs.data.dir/current is used by datanodes to store blocks. This directory
should only have files starting with blk-*

Things to check:
- Are there other files that are not blk related?
- Did you manually copy the content of one storage dir to another? (some
folks did this when they added new disks)

--
Regards,
Suresh