Joey is speaking precisely, but in an intentionally very limited way.
 Apache HDFS, the file system that comes with Apache Hadoop does not
support NFS.

On the other hand, maprfs which is a part of the commercial MapR
distribution which is based on Apache Hadoop does support NFS natively and
without the limitations that Joey describes.  Native NFS support is one of
many major feature enhancements that MapR provides.  Contact me off-list
for more details to avoid spamming this Hadoop oriented list.

You may want to address your question to the
http://answers.mapr.comquestions site.  I would be happy to answer at
length there.