Hi all,

I have some troubles accessing HDFS via PHP. Unfortunately I haven't found
a tutorial on how to do it. So I will describe my setup and my steps
briefly.

I am using hadoop version 0.20.203 on my cluster. I have installed it in
/usr/local/hadoop. I copied the files from src/contrib/thriftfs/gen-php/ to
my thrift-root folder in the package directory hadoopfs. I already have a
thrift server running for my hive installation on the same machine. And I
can access Hive without any troubles.

Starting the HDFS thrift server with the example shell script in
src/contrib/thriftfs/scripts/start_thrift_server.sh I get the following
error:

org/apache/hadoop/thriftfs/HadoopThriftServer
org.apache.hadoop.thriftfs.HadoopThriftServer
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.thriftfs.HadoopThriftServer.

Probably I somehow have to build the ThriftServer or I need to add it to
the classpath. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance.