Hi,

For 2.0.0 at least, for controlling DN heartbeat interval timeouts
(missing which gets it marked dead at NN), tweak the prop:
"dfs.namenode.heartbeat.recheck-interval" (default 5 minutes in ms).
The actual timeout to measure is determined from this value, but isn't
exactly this. But lowering it will get you what you need.

--
Harsh J