Hi,
        I did something similar to this a few months back. There are a
number of things that you need to change in the name node to
accommodate this. You can either provide a special type of INode that
extends the existing INodeFile or INodeDirectory or save additional
meta data as a part of default inodes created for a file or a
directory. Then you need to provide additional methods to the
interface exposed to the client by the name node. These methods will
be used to access the metadata. You should make sure that the
additional metadata is persisted along with other file metadata. This
can be done by saving the metadata as a part of the fsimage. Then the
metadata will be loaded back to the name node when the system
restarts.