I would say no.  There's a reason the others have areas in their qualifiers, not
rites, although this is not my area of expertise and if anyone else would like to
explain what that reason is, I'd be grateful!  --Joan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/8/2004 2:12:59 PM >>>
Would we want to use the qualifier "(Roman rite)"  although this does not
follow the models for other compendia of Selihot.
Heidi
At 01:28 PM 3/8/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Selihot (Italy) sounds okay to me, on the understanding that there is
>actually something unique about this collection of Selihot that warrants a
>unique uniform title.
>Yes, you may create a NAR.  We often don't create them for 130s unless it
>is necessary to trace references.
>When you say, is this the same as such-and-such, do you mean, will this
>NAR look like the NAR for such-and-such?  Yes, it will.
>
>Joan

>I have a prayer book:
>
>Sefer Tahanunim u-selihot : le-lele ashmorot ke-minhag Italyani (Venice, 1760)
>
>Should the Uniform-title (130) be: Selihot (Italy)
>Should I create a record in the authority file?
>Is this one the same as: LCCN 2001-419429 (there is no authority record for
>Selihot (North Africa) ) but there one for Selihot (Yemen) <not created by

>Joseph (Yossi) Galron-Goldschläger
>Head of the Hebraica & Jewish Studies  Library
>The Ohio State University Libraries, 324 Main Library,
>1858 Neil Ave. Mall, Columbus, OH 43210 USA
>E-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Tel.: (614) 292-3362,  Fax: (614)292-1918

Heidi G. Lerner
Hebraica/Judaica Cataloger
Catalog Dept.
Stanford Univ. Libraries