I don't know "Heksher shats", but I have a guess.
We know several authors named Heksher.
Shemuel ben Meir Heksher wrote Misped mar, in Germany.
Efrayim ben Shemuel Sanvel Heksher wrote Adne paz and Divre Hakhamim ve-.hidotam and Leviyat .Hen.
So Heksher as name of an author of a Hebrew work is not unheard of.

Shats is a familiar abbreviation for Shelia.h tsibbur, as in cantor.
I do not know a Heksher who was a Shats,
but such a person would be likely to write -- or to own -- a prayer book.

No?

Shanah tovah u-metukah from our house to yours.  Shaul (Clifford) Miller