Dear group,
The query has generated some discussion. In a bibliographic record, as per Yossi's suggestion, it is probably best to choose one way of transcription, and make a 246 variant title for the other. We do not have such an option if we cite the Hebrew title in other places such as a reference list or other textual body, and for technical reasons are required to use Latin characters instead of Hebrew script. To round out Silke's list of romanized forms in the literature, the Jewish Encycloedia cites it as "Kehillat David."
All the instances of "Kuf,heh,lamed,tav" in the Tanakh transcribed as "Kohelet" appear in the book of Kohelet' . Devarim 33:4 has "kehilat Yaakov."
If people are still interested, it might be fun to post the question to the Jewish-Languages list to get those scholars' perspective.
Heidi