Aramaic scholars out there?  Under the verb repas, Pael "to shake,
shatter" Jastrow gives "merapsan igarai" (I think that's how you'd
vocalize it) from Kiddushin 63b.  Maybe someone on the list can look it
up?  He translates the phrase of which this is part as "These my
traditions are apt to shatter roofs (are hard to understand)."

Joan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/25/05 1:30 PM >>>
Once again, I have to admit my ignorance in public. How should one
Romanize
the following title (and what does it mean)?:

Sefer mem-resh-pe-samekh-yod-nun  alef-yod-gimel-resh-yod

(the book includes me'ot kushiyot 'atsumot ve-terutsim nifla'im me-et
gedole
ha-dor . [al ha-Torah])

Thanks,

Rachel