Dear Heidi,

I  believe I've had the same problem, which was solved by deleting the subfield $a that was visible (and leaving be the one that wasn't). I believe the new RLIN21 client (version 2.2), yet to be officially released, has provided a fix. I've been an early-release tester, and so far haven't seen a recurrence. Can't say for sure that it's fixed, though, since it had only happened to me on rare occasions in the first place.

Daniel

According to RLG:

A fix to a right-to-left input problem when an initial Unicode control character in a right-to-left field resulted in a spurious "Duplicate subfield 'a' not allowed" validation error.