Sorry, failed to add pertinent details: the work is from 1892, published in Krakow. Thanks, JN

Jasmin Nof wrote:

Hi all,

I have in hand a 14-p. work (Yisrael ve'Oraita be-sifre Shadal) that raises the question of rarity. From the preliminary research (OCLC, RLIN) I've done, I see that LC and Harvard each have copies. But other than number of copies available, what other criteria should determine a book's rarity? The question is raised here by colleagues trying to determine whether public access should be the determining factor (digitize and/or put on shelf), or artifact value should be the determining factor (put in special/rare collections that can only be accessed by request, no loans).

Comments welcome.  Thanks, Jasmin