Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your revised draft and for incorporating the feedback you
received.

I very much agree that the Casalini issue should not be mentioned.  The
developments related to contract negotations with a commerical vendor differ
greatly from the type of policy making which occured with the series decisions.
More importantly, mentioning Casalini detracts from the main issues.

Thanks again for your efforts.
Lenore

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/05/06 12:34 PM >>>
Hi Caroline.

Thanks very much for the helpful comments.

You're the second person to question the bit about Casalini, so I'm
definitely inclined to remove it now. I had originally thought that the way
LC made the decision (irrespective of how it's now turned out) was a good
example of the kind of non-cooperative decision-making we were trying to
take a position against. But now it looks like it would be a distraction to
bring up in the letter.

Regarding the language-specific issues, Lenore had mentioned that LC will
be supplying 490s in both romanized and original scripts, but, given
variant orthographies, pronunciation, etc. of Hebrew script-languages, I
agree with you that the need for authorized forms is heightened in our
case. I'll try to add a paragraph on this and then re-submit to group.

Daniel

Daniel Lovins
Hebraica Team Leader
Catalog Department