I was asked to post the message to listserver

From: sherab chen <chen.1...@osu.edu>
Subject: Research survey invitation: non-English subject access

Dear Everyone,

We are writing to ask you to participate in a brief survey on the application and the use of Non English Subject access to the bibliographic records. There are 12 questions, and the survey will take fewer than 5 minutes to complete. Participation is voluntary. There will be no personal identification questions asked throughout the survey, and in any case, the response will be kept confidential.

This survey is intended to address the question of how libraries and users are accessing non-Roman language materials by subject and will determine the needs to add non-English subject headings to bibliographic records. Also, the investigation will reveal if user would prefer to access library materials by subject through social tagging or any other manners of non-controlled vocabularies.

We appreciate your willingness to participate in this survey, and I thank you in advance for your time. Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions.

Here is a link to the survey:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFJ6MWIxdE5wNXJIMVE5UkJCS2ZsZWc6MA ..

Make sure to click on the Submit button when you are done

If you prefer, We would be happy to send a paper copy in the mail so that it could be completed without using electronic communications, or to send the survey as an email attachment.

Please note: The survey will be open for two weeks and closed on February 10th, Wednesday, 2010.

Magda El-Sherbini
el-sherbin...@osu.edu

or
Sherab Chen