From: "Uri Kolodney" <kolod...@austin.utexas.edu>
To: heb-naco@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:32:33 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Newbie question... - INL records in Hebrew

Hello,

Forgive me for my ignorance….

I have a title that has only one record in OCLC which was produced by the INL,
and its obviously in Hebrew. Am I allowed to add respective fields in English
to that record, or should I derive and create a new record for the same title??

I’m pretty new to cataloging (a little bit more than a year now) and never
encountered a title which did not have a record that was previously produced in
the US….

Thanks,

Uri

Uri Kolodney

Hebraica & Judaica Librarian

University of Texas Libraries

The University of Texas at Austin

PCL 2.300 | Mail Code S5440 | PO Box P Austin, TX 78713-8916

Phone: 512-495-4399 | Fax: 512-495-4657 kolod...@austin.utexas.edu

www.lib.utexas.edu/subject/judaica/index.html

--
Heidi G. Lerner