Colleagues,

The AJL Cataloging Committee seeks feedback on the Jewish law genre/form
document available on the AJL Cataloging wiki.  Click on "Cataloging" and then
"Genre/Form Headings for Jewish Law."  Jasmin Nof has created a separate column
on the far right side of the document called "AJL Notes, Comments, and
Questions" in which you can enter your feedback. Please also note the
discussion on the Proposed Rabbinical Literature Hierarchy that follows the
table itself.  These terms are particularly important as we consider the
Judaism genre/form terms for the upcoming project on Religion genre/form
headings.  If you have comments on this section of the document, please use the
"Add a Comment" box at the bottom of the site.   Please aim to have your
comments completed by the end of October.  The AJL cataloging committee will
take all comments into consideration as we prepare an AJL response to the AALL
sub-committee on genre/form headings headed by Yael Mandelstam (Fordham
University).

Below are Jasmin's directions on navigating the wiki posted on Heb-NACO
(07/12/2010).   Special thanks to Jasmin for all of her excellent work on the
cataloging wiki.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback on this project!

חג שמח!

Best wishes,
Aaron T.

As promised at our Cataloging Committee meeting:

The AJL Cataloging Wiki page is located at http://rascat.pbworks.com/.

Everyone is able to view the page.

People who would like to make changes to the wiki need to:

1.  Contact me so I can add them to the list of users, either via email or via
the wiki itself by clicking the "Request access" button on the right of the
login screen; 2.  Once added as a user, log in using your email address and
[cleveland08] (just the word, no brackets) as the password; 3.  Edit your
profile to change your password and add any other info you'd like.

You will continue to log in using your email address, though as long as you do
not log out, you will remain signed in.

All Cataloging Committee members have been added and their permissions set at
"Editor," allowing them to do almost anything on the wiki (tread lightly,
people!).  (Committee members who have not yet visited the wiki, though, still
need to log in using the cleveland08 password and then change it.) Everyone
else who requests access will have your permissions set at "Writer," allowing
you to view and edit pages, folders, and files. (See the chart at
http://usermanual.pbworks.com/Educational-and-Basic-Edition-Users#HowdoIchecktoseewhatuserscanseewhichpages

for more information.)  If you'd like your permission upgraded (to allow you to
do more) or downgraded (to prevent you from making changes that you'd regret),
just contact me.

I look forward to having more company on the wiki!  Please let me know if I
missed something in these instructions.  As always, if you have any questions
about using the wiki and/or making changes to it, please don't hesitate to
contact me.  :-)

Hodesh tov, Jasmin