I’d like to repeat and stress Jasmin’s endorsement of a “consistent,
standard practice.”  Certain questions like this one arise over and over
again in Hebraica cataloging, and can be settled only by adopting a
standard—there is one, generally used by the largest libraries.  Teach the
standard.  Let cataloging be a big tent, open to all who can follow
standard practices no matter how shallow or deep their backgrounds in
particular fields like Hebraica.

Joan, possibly tending toward curmudgeonhood in Northern California.