From: Heb-naco <heb-naco-bounces+schiffma=yu....@lists.osu.edu> on behalf of
Galron, Joseph via Heb-naco <heb-naco@lists.osu.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 1:48:51 PM
To: Lili Brown <ljbr...@stanford.edu>; Hebrew Name Authority Funnel
<heb-naco@lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [EXT] - Re: [Heb-NACO] Romanization of ההונן

**External Email**

Lili,

It is החונן – ha-.honen

See

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.hebrewbooks.org/34826__;!!KGKeukY!xkyo9FsJyaQiAED_Skwtd3r5xEACWXCl0c8Y6kHMySs6wEBFoPpivq8nx0VEtUu2H6cKrypliRzevUZSVHi-LQ$

Yossi

From: Heb-naco On Behalf Of Lili Brown via Heb-naco
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 1:09 PM
To: heb-naco@lists.osu.edu
Subject: [Heb-NACO] Romanization of ההונן

kol tsoholah 1. pdf Hi all, Hopping on the Romanization help train here. Thanks
in advance for your time and assistance! I'm cataloging a reproduction of ספר
קול צהלה (original OCLC: #500291215) and am stuck on the word ההונן in the
subtitle.

[Image removed by sender.]kol tsoholah
1.pdf<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/office365stanford-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/ljbrown_stanford_edu/EVdXZ2sxVUJOuMbErF8xKKUBZG0d-2xD53PdBL286CI4kQ__;!!KGKeukY!wOYQzpQLEVByZlIEzR4T5CNa4BIHkaX6Bha4sPV20J3DG1mAfHN4U-533GunYXRgMtjpmvUYewGjFIi2P09HnQlU$>

Hi all,

Hopping on the Romanization help train here. Thanks in advance for your time
and assistance!

I'm cataloging a reproduction of ספר קול צהלה (original OCLC: #500291215) and
am stuck on the word ההונן in the subtitle. I've attached the title page - as
you can see, the reproduction isn't crystal clear, but I feel certain that the
spelling is ההונן rather than one of the ה's being a ח, but I could definitely
be wrong. A keyword search of this word didn't lend me any results, and I can't
seem to track it down in Even Shoshan (pages I consulted also attached).

In context, the whole subtitle phrase makes me think it is a sort of
conjugation or (mis?)spelling of הון, so my best guess at the Romanization is
ha-honan.

Curious what others think and would appreciate any perspectives!

Best,

Lili

P.S. - if anyone can't view the PDF attachment, let me know. I originally
attached it to the email as a separate file (versus a OneDrive link), but the
listserv said it was too big a file to send out. My apologies if that means
this email went out twice...!

Lili Brown (she/her)

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Services

[cid:image001.png@01D9C15A.0E29D420]