We will have to do some testing and see what happens.

I looked at the man page and this is what it says:

   --time-gone=time
time of inactivity after which a slave is considered gone (default 5 min)

  --time-lost=time
             time before server is considered lost (default 5 min)

This raises more questions than it answers:

For --time-lost does "server" refer to the slave or to the master?

What does the master do when it considers a slave "gone"?

What are the time units for those parameters (seconds, minutes, hours)?