Hi,

I'm happy to announce that Heka v0.6.0 is officially released and available for download:

https://github.com/mozilla-services/heka/releases/tag/v0.6.0

This release introduces a number of significant improvements and fixes, including Encoder plugins, a bunch of new parsing Decoder plugins and processing Filter plugins, a feature-lean generic HttpOutput, memory usage self monitoring, and much more. We also finally have a working Windows build available for download. OSX build hasn't been uploaded yet, but will be later today.

The full story is available, as always, in the changelog:

https://github.com/mozilla-services/heka/blob/v0.6.0/CHANGES.txt

There are a number of backwards incompatible changes, all documented in the changelog, so if you're upgrading from 0.5.2 you'll definitely want to look over that carefully. If you have trouble adjusting to any of these changes, please don't hesitate to ask for help here on the mailing list or in the #heka channel on irc.mozilla.org.

Try it out and let us know about any problems you hit. Thanks for playing!

-r