On 04/04/2016 05:32 AM, Eric LEMOINE wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Rob Miller <rmil...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Heka can get wedged when there's a deadlock in the pipeline, usually related
> to pack exhaustion. For example, a filter might block because it's waiting
> for an empty pack with which to inject a new message, but there are no packs
> available because they're all tied up in the input channels for the filter.
> Tweaking the channel and pool sizes is usually helpful here.

Wondering if using buffering on filters could be a solution… I guess
that depends on when packs are recycled when buffering is used.
Buffering does help, yes. When buffering is in use, the shared pack from the
global pool is recycled immediately after the message is written to the disk
buffer. Each plugin that uses disk buffering uses its own packs internally that
don't intermingle with the global packs at all.

-r