I'm having trouble with a steup not complaining, but reading the entire
input file without outputting anything.

I need to add some logging.  I think somehow the grammar in the lua
sandbox is failing.  How, in lua sandbox code, do I send a message to
stdout or stderr?  Probably I need to generate a new message which will
then be pickec up by an outputter like:

[debug]
  message_match = 'Type == "wayne_debug"'

But I don't know what to put in the lua.

--
Wayne Walker

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about
the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd
be surprised how far that gets you.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson