On 13 Aug 2007, at 12:47, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I want to install bison-2.1 on my computer whose Operating System is unix
AIX.So I install m4-1.4.10 first,then install bison-2.1.
but when I install bison-2.1, it show some error imformation "configure: error: GNU M4 1.4 is required". I want to know the reason why it show such
error.beacause i have already installed m4-1.4.10 successfully.How to
resolve this problem? The install imformation show as below.

You haven't set your PATH right:

checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4

This is the one that comes with the system. The one you installed was put in /usr/local/bin/, I figure.

  Hans Aberg