On 19 Oct 2007, at 20:12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Unfortunately, for the project I'm working on, I need to build and use bison 2.1 on Windows (both mks and cygwin), a number of Unix platforms, and even a mainframe (z/OS). I would like to understand the bison issue, but " #undef IN" does work and I could change the token name. Sometimes you just do what you need to do to get around ugliness and chug along.... ;^)

Yes I think so. - Those Microsoft programmers should have avoided elementary programming pitfalls, unless there is some deliberate competition limiting going on :-). But hack just hack around it. As Laurence pointed out, #undef hack is not that uncommon.

And GNU is officially about POSIX, and all else are extras. So there is unlikely to be any MS fixes there.

  Hans Aberg