Dear Michael,

Thanks a lot, this seems like a very elegant formulation -- the performance
seems much better than my initial performance.

I need to add two things:
- It is my conjecture that there should be an additional constraint, i.e.,
y[r,c] > 0 (Otherwise non-selected rows could participate towards a lower
score)
- M[r,c] should contain positive values (which guarantees that y[r,c] == 1
iff x[r] - SUM x[s] == 1)

Thanks again. This really helped a lot :)

Best regards,
Jan

: