> Catonano <caton...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > In a terminal I can issue this command
> >
> > ~$ info guix
> >
> > and have the guuix manual pop up
> >
> > In Emacs I can do
> >
> > M-x info
> >
> > but then I find myself in a general page, a sort of index and I have to
> > search through it in order to find the guix "link"
> >
> > How can I end up in the Guix manual front page directly even when using
> > Emacs ?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi Catonano,
>
> As Arun and Oleg said, 'm' is very useful (maybe with C-u), and 'd'
> too.  And there is the 'info-display-manual' command too.

I tried m right now and it suffices

helm is awesome but I don' t want to install further packages and learn new
things.
I just want to be ushered in the Guix info page right....  now ;-)

> But what you should really do (in my humble opinion :-)) is to read the
> (info "info") manual.  It is very well done and explains everything in
> an interactive way.

I have a reading phobia :-)

My first computer as an adult was an Apple Macintosh

At the time the mantra was that if something required a manual to be read,
it was not well made ;-)

Now, now, I'm perfectly aware of the historical and cultural differences ;-)

I was a young adult back then and changing habits is harder and harder with
the flow of the time

I' ll take a look at the info info page though

You gotta give me I came a loooong way !! :-)

Thank you all people for your suggestions !
Ciao