Hello! Your nice question is quite reasonable.

To use mysql/administration commands on GuixSD need to have both:
mysql service
mysql package
When you've reconfigured  your system adding mysql service to your config file
you can either install mysql for root user with `# guix package -i mysql` or
add mysql package system-wide (for all users) in '(packages ...)' section in
your system config.

The same for postgresql. I used it the same way.

Hope you enjoy GuixSD!

Feb 18, 2019, 3:05 AM by kumagus...@gmail.com: