Hi Guix,

I can't install software inside a Guix System container. I need this to use Guix Home inside a container.

$ guix install hello
guix install: error: remounting /gnu/store writable: Operation not permitted

Do I need to --share=/gnu/store?

I tried sharing a blank ./gnu directory, but it complained that there were no programs to run the system.

(Is sharing the host's /gnu/store with a container safe?)

I created the container with

        guix system container --network --share=home container.scm

Also, how do I map arbitrary directories?  With Podman, I would do

        /home/$USER/.container/home/user:/home/user

Thanks,

Caleb